Gatineau, QC death, doom and sludge duo NORILSK consisting of Nicolas Miquelon (Damnus, The Great Russian Empire, ex-Kintra) and Nick Richer (Damnus, Doll, Outrage AD) are proud to unleash the first and title track ‘Japetus’ from their forthcoming EP set for release on July 22nd.
Named after Siberia’s most northern city, NORILSK draws their inspirations and themes from Northern identity, isolation, and world demise. Incorporating elements of sludge and post-metal along with influences from doom-death metal bands such as Thergothon, Saturnus, and early My Dying Bride, the band is sharing with metal fans a taste of what’s to come in their debut EP ‘Japetus’.
“Norilsk is definitely something I wanted to do for a long time” says Nicolas Miquelon. “Revisiting old school influences with today’s perspective gave me the opportunity to exorcise the darkness within – and nothing seemed more appropriate as a breathing exercise than doom-death metal.”
Presented in a very limited CD edition and digital format, the ‘Japetus’ EP is both an introduction to the band and a teaser to future recordings. Clocking just under 20-minutes, the EP includes the title track ‘Japetus’, which will be on the band’s later planned full length album and also features one alternate version of ‘Potsdam Glo’ along with a cover of Voivod‘s song ‘Negatron’, which is exclusively available on the CD.
The title track ‘Japetus’ is now streaming at the following links:
- Emo punks Nathan Detroit release EP details and new single
- Flyleaf releases first single from new album 'Between The Stars' out Sept.16 on Loud & Proud Records
- Australia's Sticky Fingers welcome you to the 'Land Of Pleasure'
- Nathan Detroit invite you to join them on 'The Way Down'
- Flyleaf release 'Set Me On Fire' video; new album 'Between The Stars' out Sept.16
- Lenguas Largas release new track 'Kawasaki Dream'; new album out Aug.16 on Recess Records