NYC’s Theodore Paul Nelson and Michael Vincent Patrick are Designer Drugs, the “punishing electro-punk” DJ/production duo who have made their name pushing the boundaries and tearing up venues around the world with their heady, mind-melting sounds. Designer Drugs emerges from their underground lair with their sophomore full-length LP, The Drugs Are In Control, out now on their own imprint, Sex Cult Records. You can download the album for free via DJ Times HERE.
Following their enormously well received debut album Hardcore/Softcore (Ultra Records) that entered the top 10 on iTunes in 2011, Designer Drugs are taking their intoxicating sonic crusade to the next level with their new release. “Our last album was more esoteric and left-field,” says Michael. Meanwhile, their new sound delivers a hard-hitting blur of heady, tripped-out tunes on this lurching beast of an album.
The duo just spoke with Billboard Code in an exclusive interview about the LP which you can check out HERE.
Like a hard dose of medical-grade synthetic substance, Designer Drugs return to the fold immaculate, illicit, and ready to shake you down to your dark and sinister core. It’s impossible to fight it – The Drugs Are In Control.
Designer Drugs Tour Dates
3/21 @ Mirage – Sacramento, CA
3/22 @ 207 – Hard Rock Hotel – San Diego, CA
3/27 @ Lake View Club – College Station, TX
3/28 @ Torrent – Towson, MD
4/19 @ San Bernardino County Fairgrounds – Victorville, CA
5/16/14 @ Sound-Bar – Chicago, IL
5/25 @ Inspiration Yacht – San Diego, CA
MORE ABOUT DESIGNER DRUGS:
- Dimond Saints offer free download of new single 'Hunters'
- CYBERPUNKERS Release Official Music Video for "Sick Track" Off of Free Sick Tracks EP!
- Figure releases 'Monsters Vol.5' and prepares to hit the road with TerrorVision
- Post hardcore EDM band Palisades releases new album 'Mind Games'
- Producer Bluetech releases 'Spacehop Chronicles Vol.1'; West Coast tour dates
- Alt-rock band Native Suns release debut music video 'Lost'