Los Angeles/London rock band Die So Fluid has released “Bittersweet”, the debut single taken from their long awaited 5th LP, One Bullet From Paradise. Produced by Drew Richards.
Bittersweet is an alter ego who came to life as I wrote the song” says Grog. “Part me, part fictional, she embodies all the stuff I like about many of my fave female tv, film and graphic novel characters. She makes a statement about embracing yourself as you are, thorns n all. She’s kick ass but not psycho, sexy and clever, fun and darkly deep. She parties hard and rocks her talents hard – Grog
After a year of turmoil and tragedy in 2016 – which saw the sudden and unexpected death of their beloved friend & drummer Al Fletcher – the remaining 2 band members Grog & Mr Drew stepped back to contemplate not only the meaning of life; but the meaning of their band, their music and their future.
Al had been a huge part of Die So Fluid’s sound. He’d won a Grammy for his drumming and his finesse, thunder, power, enthusiasm & creativity always enhanced the band’s rough, tough, soaring, bittersweet rock songs.
At the time of his death Grog and Mr Drew had written a bunch of songs for a new album but nothing had been recorded. After a period of reflection they went back to the drawing board. They had a lot more to say.
They wrote new songs. No holds barred. Harder, heavier, faster, punkier. No filler. No fat. No fucking around. Life is short. Why wait for tomorrow.
To paraphrase the lyrics from new song Tomorrow Doesn’t Always Come:
‘You could sleepwalk all your life
And never learn how to run
Don’t say tomorrow.
Tomorrow doesn’t always come’
They asked friend Justin Bennett (Skinny Puppy, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult) to play drums on the album. Grog recorded bass & vocals in LA, Mr Drew recorded guitars, synths, loops and noises in London and Justin recorded the drums in Bologna, Italy.
One Bullet From Paradise is the title of the new album. ‘Bittersweet’ is the first single to be taken from it.
- Industrial Supergroup PRIMITIVE RACE Surfaces... Feat. Members of NIN, KMFDM, Pop Will Eat Itself, and more!
- LA/London goth band Die So Fluid release new video 'Black Blizzard'
- The Alliance Of Sound Tour: Skinny Puppy, VNV Nation, Haujobb and Youth Code
- Die So Fluid releases horror themed official video 'Nightmares'
- MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT Announce The Elektrik Messiah Tour
- Wax Trax! Veterans Groovie Mann (My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult) & JDN (Blue Eyed Christ) Team Up to Form Trash Deity, Release Debut Single "Finger on a Trigger"