Ottawa’s Steve Adamyk Band will return on July 1st with their 4th LP, Dial Tone, and it’s their best yet! The band released the first track from their upcoming Dirtnap Records release (see CMJ debut)….
For this release, SAB travelled to Oakland, CA to record with Matthew Melton of Warm Soda/Bare Wires fame. Melton grew up in Memphis and that influence definitely shows on Dial Tone. If 2011’s Forever Won’t Wait was their “pop” album, and 2013’s Third was their “punk” album, let’s call this one their “garage” rock masterpiece!
Throughout their history, the sometimes 3, sometimes 4 piece Steve Adamyk Band has always had a fluid lineup. On these recordings (their first LP to have the same lineup as the previous album) SAB is Steve Adamyk (duh), Davey Quenselle, Dave Forcier, and Sebastien Godin (also of Sonic Avenues fame) alongside with guest appearances from Matthew Melton and the Primitive Hearts’ Danielle Agnew.
2014 has already been a busy year for the band, releasing a 7″ on La-Ti-Da Records, touring Japan with Needles//Pins (7″ on Dirtnap coming soon!) and playing Dirtnap showcases in NYC and Ottawa. Expect lot’s more to come, as prolific as these guys are, there’s no sign of ’em slowing down anytime soon!
- Bad Sports Announce New LP on Dirtnap & New MP3, Playing Portland/Seattle Dirtnap Showcases
- Bad Sports release 'Bras' on Dirtnap Records
- Mind Spiders Announce New LP on Dirtnap Records
- Mind Spiders 'Inhumanistic' out today on Dirt Nap Records
- Dirtnap Records Announces New Albums From Radioactivity (Featuring Jeff Burke and Mark Ryan from Marked Men)
- Flashlights release 'Bummer Summer' Jun.24 on Hard Rock Records; stream single