Post-hardcore quintet DIVIDES has decided to get a little heavy with 2015’s most tweeted about indie-pop act. Halsey is given a metallic coat of paint in the band’s dark and methodical cover of “Hold Me Down”.
“We’re all huge fans of Halsey and have been jamming to Badlands a lot lately,” says vocalist CJ Marie. “Her songs lend themselves to a heavier tone and it was insanely fun to put our own twist on it. We wanted to play around with the imagery of locking up your demons and hiding them inside the depths of your own mind. Halsey’s lyrics really work with this concept , which helped create the really creepy-cool aesthetic of the video.”
Buy DIVIDES’ debut album Brokentooth on iTunes
- DIVIDES Release "Echoes Fade" ft Defeat The Low's Chris James
- DIVIDES Explores Inner Torment in "Drag The River" Music Video
- 19 year old powerhouse Halsey signs to Astralwerks; stream debut single 'Ghost'
- Astralwerks new signing Halsey to tour with The Kooks
- Halsey releases bewitching new video from debut EP on Astralwerks