Fresh off the “Legends of the Summer Stadium Tour” alongside Justin Timberlake and Jay Z, internationally revered DJ Cassidy has been tapped as the MTV Video Music Awards house DJ this Sunday, August 25.
DJ Cassidy will soon release his debut album via Columbia Records. With a mission of returning the greatest dance music of all time to the dance floor, Cassidy has united the most legendary musicians from the late 1970s and early 1980s with some of today’s recording superstars to write and record original songs for the collection. Further album details will be announced in the coming weeks.
DJ Cassidy is one of the most iconic and sought-after deejays today. Growing up in Manhattan, Cassidy deejayed at nightclubs around the city, attracting a celebrity clientele including Sean “Diddy” Combs, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Naomi Campbell, Kim Kardashian, and even Oprah Winfrey. In 2009, Cassidy was called on to deejay President Barack Obama’s Inauguration. Since then, he has deejayed many of The President’s events including his fiftieth birthday and second Inauguration after-party at The White House.
- Echosmith featured on new season of MTV's hit series Awkward
- Scientist announce new EP 'World EP: Mobile Lab Remix Edition' Out August 19
- We Are The In Crowd featured as MTV's Artist To Watch; watch new 'Manners' video
- Sam Smith announces new single 'Like I Can'
- Night Riots sign to Sumerian Records and release 'Contagious' video
- Electronic pop four-piece Five Knives premiere 'Sugar' video on MTV