Ground-breaking UK hip hop duo KREPT & KONAN announce their debut album ‘The Long Way Home‘ to be released July 6th via Virgin EMI – with the initial pre-order of the record going straight to number #2 on iTunes in the first 12-hours of being made available. The record is a true representation of their signature mash up of UK and US styles featuring a massive roster of collaborations including Rick Ross, Skepta, Wiz Khalifa, Ed Sheeran, YG, Emeli Sandé and Jeremih to name but a few.
Krept & Konan are currently spearheading a new wave of UK hip hop and grime; standing as forerunners in their scene and commanding a huge fan base that pushed their last mixtape into the top 20 – the highest ranking unsigned release in British chart history. ‘The Long Way Home’ sees a collection of artists so rarely seen on a debut record, from the hottest property in UK Grime at the moment Skepta to ‘Da Boss’ himself Rick Ross and Grammy nominated Ed Sheeran. The band have pulled together collaborations through relationships forged by talent and hard work, relying on artists loving their work and genuinely wanting to be involved with the project.
2014 was a phenomenal year for the band; they released a record breaking mixtape, won BET and MOBO Awards – including an unforgettable performance at the latter, sold out headline shows and then kicked off 2015 being crowned winners of MTV Brand New as well as joining Kanye West onstage during his now infamous BRIT Awards performance. This year will see them hitting festival stages around the world including Glastonbury and Wireless for a second time after a rammed set at last year’s festival.
‘The Long Way Home‘ will be released via Virgin EMI on July 6th.
Pre-order here: http://po.st/LWHiTdlx
Connect with Krept & Konan
- Kieran Alleyne releases 'Breaking Good' EP and video single 'Comfortable'
- Krept and Konan - Freak of the Week (Kat Krazy Remix)
- Urban Alternative Band Prospect Hill release cover of Jeremih and YG's 'Dont Tell Em'
- Matt Nash gives away remix of Rudimental's "Free" featuring Emeli Sande
- Karl Phillips And The Rejects Release Official Music Video for "Plastic Gangsta"
- UK band Rixton releases official video for 'Hotel Ceiling' co-written by Ed Sheeran