When UK Funky made space for itself amid the explosion of post-millennial club sounds, East Londoner Ossie helped provide some of its most interesting turns. Releasing a series of EPs for labels such as Hyperdub, 2020 Vision and Wolf Music Recordings, he’s established himself as one of the most intriguing new dance producers around with an instantly recognizable mix of African polyrhythms and weighty 4/4 house anthems.
Following a recent coveted stint at the last Red Bull Music Academy in Tokyo alongside Just Blaze and Kerri Chandler, Ossie is unveiling his most explosive release yet. ‘The Buzz’ is a pounding, fidgeting monster of track, with an unmistakable central buzzing malfunction sound effect, and slinky sing-speak vocal hook-lines.
Released as a four-track EP on newly formed and London-based Meno Records, the release is packed with unstoppable energy and gritty underlying analogue sonics.
Ossie; a sought-after DJ too as part of Benji B’s Deviation crew, and even taking things live with his radio-bothering Black Orange Juice project with releases on MTA and True Panther Sounds, his name has become an inescapable fixture of dance music’s coolest corners.
Perhaps his most big-room release to date, ‘The Buzz’ shows a future dance master breaking out of the underground with sights set on domination.
Ossie – “The Buzz”
- The Buzz
- The Buzz (Radio Edit)
- Calling On You
- The Buzz (Instrumental)
“The Buzz” will be released April 20th through Meno Records
For further listening, check out Ossie’s mix recorded for Benji B’s BBC Radio 1 show
- 10 Reasons that this years Spring Weekend festival is not to be missed!
- Leisure Cruise announces Winter tour dates and shares Lights 'Running With The Boys' remix
- Dance floor assassins Cyberpunkers release 'Dreadbots' EP Feb.26 on Tasty Records
- Argentina's Panda Elliot unleashes new remix of hit song "Guererro"
- Belgian/French duo Both return with even bigger anthem 'The Longest Goodbyes'
- Purple announce 'Thirteen' music video and London headline shows