Sao Paulo-born and Athens-Based Jef Maarawi’s solo project has now expanded into a five-piece band and the debut Once Part Of A Whole Ship will be a pleasant surprise for those who are discovering for the first time the music world behind the weird name Egg Hell.
«Once Part Of A Whole Ship» is an album as varied musically as it is thematically. Romantic folk-rock influences and lyricism encounter elements of psychedelic pop and electronic music. Egg Hell plays with its subject matter symbolically, literally, and most of all humorously, in the darkest and most human of ways. 11 tracks-messages traveling in a bottle on the waves in order to convey the smallness of human existence against the forces of nature and the agony of being stranded on a raft as expressed through the conditional nature of hope.
Once Part Of A Whole Ship is released on white vinyl, cd and digital album from Inner Ear.
Egg Hell is:
Jef Maarawi (vocals, guitar) Vassilis Vlahakos (guitar, backing vocals) Kostas Ekelon (electronics) Kostas Zabos (drums) Dennis Morfis (bass)
Egg Hell – Once Part Of A Whole Ship
Release Date: 20/01/2014
(Genre: Alternative, Psych Pop, Recommended tracks: 5,2,7 Sounds-like: Shearwater, Bonnie Prince Billy, Radiohead)
Album Track List:
1.Never Sailed 03:32
4.Pandemic Blues 04:01
5.Black And White Shoes 04:12
7.Porto Madero 03:56
8.Oh Lord 03:23
11.Useless Captain 02:36
- A Victim of Society release 'Enough Said' video; stream debut album 'Distractions' on Inner Ear Records
- Greek three piece band FILM to release new album 'Eclipse' in Sept. on Inner Ear Records; stream single
- The Cave Children release debut album 'Quasiland' on Inner Ear Records; stream now
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- British-Japanese producer/DJ Maya Jane Coles releases video for title track of new album 'Comfort'