Melbourne based MYAMI is new on the scene, and make sure to keep your eyes on this lady, because she is going to be doing great things for pop.
MYAMI and electronic producer Wayfarer// have teamed up to create her debut single, Soldier. Wayfarer//, who has enjoyed a fair bit of Triple J airplay for his original tracks, helped realise MYAMI’s vision for her debut single.
Soldier places massive emphasis on vocals, with vocal layering, overlapping parts, and catchy melodies defining MYAMI’s unique brand of electro pop.
The vocals flicker between light and dark elements, playful and primal melodies, with the track continuously building and then falling away. MYAMI’s vocal range is evident, and her catchy song writing showcase what pop music should be all about.
Keep your eyes peeled for news on her EP launch later this year.
THE STORY SO FAR
After a year tinkering away in her home studio, Melbourne based singer songwriter, MYAMI, has crafted her own distinct sound of melodic electro-pop. Drawing inspiration from nostalgic roots of Mariah Carey, TLC and Destiny’s Child, the vocally driven tracks are layered over ambient beats from Melbourne producer, Wayfarer//. The pair have collaborated to redefine and create their unique brand of electro-pop with MYAMI’s debut EP, ARMOUR, due for release later in 2015.
- Australian based soul artist Daniel March streams new single 'Nina'
- New Zealand born singer Wallace shares jazz/neo-soul inspired debut single 'Vinyl Skip'
- Boston electro-pop duo Pale Hands to release debut album 'Spirit Lines' Oct.28
- Electronic-pop band Five Knives release debut full-length 'Savages' on Red Bull Records
- Lancaster, PA indie electro-pop band The Casual announce debut EP 'Lust'
- Australia's Tkay Maidza to make US debut playing LA and CMJ in NYC