Engineers will release its upcoming fourth studio album, Always Returning, on September 16 via Kscope. The band has unveiled a teaser video containing snippets of the tracks “Fight or Flight,” “Searched for Answers” and “Always Returning” on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GswJTg4ykGw.
Written and recorded alone at home in York by multi-instrumentalist, Mark Peters, before being coated with deft brush strokes of ambient electronica by celebrated German artist/producer, Ulrich Schnauss, Always Returning is a record that unhurriedly drifts in and out of focus, hinting at themes without ever making them so explicit that the listener can’t map out their own personal interpretations. It delivers an overall emotional heft that’s impossible to pull away from.
1. Bless the Painter
2. Fight or Flight
3. It Rings so True
4. Drive Your Car
6. Searched for Answers
7. Smiling Back
8. A Million Voices
9. Smoke and Mirrors
10. Always Returning
Engineers – with London based drummer and composer, Matthew Linley, rounding out the line-up – has been creating mesmerizing music with brilliantly shaded guitar textures and teasing lyrical ambiguities for over 10 years across three albums – 2005’s debut Engineers (“hypnotic lullabies from beautific Brit newcomers” **** Q), 2009’s Three Fact Fader (“a blistering statement of intent” **** The Sunday Times), and 2010’s swift follow-up In Praise Of More (“should be given to most UK bands as an example of in making an album that is a joy to behold” 8/10 Clash).
Stay tuned for more information on Engineers and Always Returning, out this September on Kscope.
- The Pineapple Thief to release new album Sept.16 on Kscope
- The Pineapple Thief offer free download of new track 'Simple as That'
- Se Delan releases 'Tonight' lyric video, debut album out Apr.15 on Kscope
- Anathema to release 'Distant Satellites' Jun.10 on Kscope Music
- Gazpacho announce release of 'Demon' Apr.15 on KScope
- Hardcore band Violent Sons to release debut album Jul.8 on Bridge Nine Records