Latest jalapeno signing ephemerals get in the family vibe, dropping debut single, easy ain’t nothin, with remixes from label mates, Smoove & Featurecast.
In its original form this is cutting edge NY-LON soul with the NY element courtesy of the emotive rasping vocals of franglo-american singer Wolf Valbrun while the LON vibe is provided by songwriter and band leader Hillman Mondegreen.
This single comes ahead of their debut album which drops in September and has already had a 5 star review in Blues & Soul who described it as “essential listening” as well as being described by Uncut magazine as “eminently listenable”.
On the remix tip Smoove brings out a Steely Dan vibe bringing one of the guitar parts to the forefront and re-shaping the groove for a northern funk workout while Featurecast opts for a laid back 90’s hip hop vibe.
Ephemerals recent London and Bristol shows earned them a legion of new fans as well as comparisons to legends like Daptone and Truth & Soul stars Charles Bradley & Lee Fields. The main difference is that ephemerals are all in their twenties and at the start of an illustrious career bringing soul back to the youth of today.
- Ephemerals announce new album 'Nothin Is Easy' and video for 'Things (Part 1)'
- Dutch trio Kraak & Smaak release West Coast dates and remix package
- Alexia Coley shares Chicky Boom remix of 'Drive Me Wild'
- Kraak & Smaak announce Chrome Waves Remixed on Jalapeno Records
- Golden Girls announce free AOTOA remix of 'Kinetic'
- The Chainsmokers release Anna Of The North 'SWAY' remix and free download