Epitaph is deeply saddened to report that our friend Thom Wilson passed away on February 8, 2015.
Tom Wilson was an American producer and engineer whose work was integral to punk music, including his production for The Offspring’s Smash – released on Epitaph in 1994.
Brett Gurewitz Epitaph CEO states:
“In ’82 when I was just getting started Thom Wilson was a guy all the bands in the scene looked up to. He was the pro in our midst who loved punk and was willing to take kids under his wing to help them sound great. His work with TSOL and The Adolescents set the bar for everything that came after, including The Offspring’s multi-platinum LP Smash, which was the best-selling independent release of all time. Tom was a friend, a teacher, and a great producer. He’ll be missed.”
- Fizzy Blood to support punk legends Dead Kennedys on UK tour
- H.R. Giger, February 5, 1940 - May 12, 2014
- Supergroup Teenage Time Killers to release new album on Rise Records
- Summer Nationals Tour 2014: The Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise and The Vandals
- The Offspring celebrate 20th Anniversary of 'Smash'
- Dead City Records to re-release two classic Ludichrist albums; teaser video