Brooklyn, NY’s Field Mouse have revealed title, cover art and track listing for Hold Still Life, their Topshelf Records debut LP which will be released on July 22.
Hold Still Life Tracklisting:
1. A Place You Return To In A Dream
2. Tomorrow Is Yesterday
3. Two Ships
4. Everyone But You
8. Horizon City
9. Bright Lights
12. Water In The Valley
Sign up to be notified when the LP will be available for pre-order here.
Officially formed in 2010 by vocalist/guitarist Rachel Browne and producer/guitarist Andrew Futral, the duo eventually expanded into a four piece,with the addition of Saysha Heinzman on bass and Tim McCoy on drums.
The upcoming LP, co-produced by Futral and Browne, marks Field Mouse’s first full-length that’s been written and released as a full band. The album was recorded at Seaside Lounge, Brooklyn & Let Em In, Brooklyn and mixed by Kyle Gilbride (Swearin’, Waxahatchee, Upset).
With a mix of dreamy reverb-tinged guitars and synthesizers, Field Mouse blends the hard edges of indie rock with the warmer stylings of dream pop and shoegaze. Their songs lure you in with saccharine melodies and soothing vocals, and turn on you without warning with biting lyrics and a thick layered wall of fuzz guitar. It’s a blend Browne and Futral have spent years working to perfect, and it shows in their live performances and recordings.
Field Mouse released their first 7″ single in February 2012, You Guys Are Gonna Wake Up My Mom, on Small Plates Records. This was followed in October 2012 with another 7″ release, How Do You Know, through Lefse. In Spring of 2013 the band embarked on a six-week tour supporting Laura Stevenson as she played across the U.S.
Upon their return from tour, the band wasted no time arranging their album. Inspired by burgeoning adulthood, social overload and isolation, life in New York, and the realization that life is going by with a terrifying swiftness (plus a handful of breakup songs to boot), Field Mouse wrote and recorded the new album in late 2013.
Check out the band’s most recent video for their 2013 track “Tomorrow Is Yesterday” here..
- Brooklyn's Field Mouse to release new album Jul.22 on Topshelf Records
- Topshelf Records tour: A Great Big Pile Of Leaves, Diamond Youth, Prawn and Field Mouse
- Moving Mountains Announce Three Shows in Nov.
- FREE 2013 Topshelf Records Digital Sampler
- Topshelf Records Announce Details For FREE All-Ages CMJ Show October 18 at Suburbia 6PM; Official CMJ Showcase on 10/19 Sold Out
- Joie De Vivre and Prawn to release split via Count Your Lucky Stars and Topshelf Records on February 11