Los Angeles-based indie quintet Fire In The Hamptons recently released their Chosen Ones EP, which is now available for purchase on all digital platforms. The band returns with their distinct combination of dance-centric 80’s beats, gritty synthesizers and intricate vocal melodies on the EP, which is their first major release since their 2012 debut full-length album, F.I.T.H.
The five-track EP was produced by Carlos De La Garza (Young The Giant, Neon Trees, Tegan & Sara) and includes the lead single, “Chosen Ones.” “I wanted to go for a bigger sound on the production of “Chosen Ones,” says lead singer and songwriter Zack Arnett. “It’s an anthem to a feeling, a call to attention that we’re all bigger than what we most often perceive ourselves to be.” The band also released an official lyric video for the single in October. It is available on their official YouTube.
In 2010, Zack connected with award-winning producer/composer Bert Selen and the two combined their eclectic vision to create Fire In The Hampton’s debut full length album, F.I.T.H. “From the beginning stages of developing the sound for Fire In The Hamptons, I allowed the freedom of spontaneity to guide the sonic layers together,” Zack says. “I was drawn to the power of the synthesizer because I was able to manipulate the sound in any way I wanted and create beautiful breathy pads, mixed with distorted crunchy bass. I knew that I wanted to make something wild, from the lyrics to the production to the visual.”
Fire In The Hamptons Official Sites
- LA based Fire In The Hamptons release new 'Chosen Ones' remix
- Run Things release 'Dumb In The Sun' 7" on White Iris Records
- BELZEBASS releases "Welcome To Hell" EP & disturbing NSFW music video
- Chuck Ragan to release 7" Feb. 25; new album 'Till Midnight' out Mar.25 on SideOneDummy Records
- Black Stone Cherry to release new album 'Magic Mountain' May 6 on RoadRunner
- Belgian metalcore band Essence release new EP 'Smoke and Mirrors'