Northern Symphony Festival – The UK’s first ever symphonic metal festival – has announced the first two bands to be added to the bill. The festival is set to take place on Saturday 4th April 2015 at The Venue in Selby, North Yorkshire.
Cambridge-based cyber metal duo Quietus are the first of the two bands to be announced for Northern Symphony. Mixing symphonic metal with various other elements such as dubstep, drum ‘n’ bass and cyber punk lyrics, the duo have created a unique sound. Vocalist Jenny Green comments: It’s an honour to be selected to play the UK’s first symphonic metal festival. We hope to see you all there!
Quietus’ debut release is available for free download at this location: http://quietusofficial.bandcamp.com/album/the-technocracy
The second of the first two bands to be announced are gothic doom metallers Scandelion. With four releases under their belt, the band made a name for themselves in their native homeland of the Canary Islands before relocating to the UK. Northern Symphony Festival will be on the band’s first UK shows as well as their first UK festival appearance.
Tickets for the event are available from this location: http://vmevents.bigcartel.com. Tickets are set at the early bird price of £8. Further details about the festival can be found at this location: http://facebook.com/NorthernSymphony
- The Fest 13 adds more bands, Comedy Showcase ft. Chris Gethard and Kiju Big Battel
- Riot Fest Set Times Announced for Chicago, Denver and Toronto
- Disco Donnie presents announces the complete line up for UME Festival in S. Padre, TX
- Rocklahoma 2014: Kid Rock, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Twisted Sister, Deftones Motorhead and MORE
- The 7th Annual South By So What?! Music Festival; Mar.14 - 16 at Quiktrip Ballpark
- The Last Internationale plays Lollapalooza, makes TV debut on Letterman and supports Robert Plant this Fall