Fucked Up are one of the most prolific hardcore punk bands of our generation. Since their 2001 inception, they’ve challenged listeners with thoughtful artful chaos and a seemingly limitless drive for musical experimentation. Because of this, they’ve also become a record collectors worst nightmare; releasing over 80 recordings and collaborations on countless labels that include Arts & Crafts, Matador, Jade Tree, and more.
Year of the Hare is the latest installment of their Zodiac themed releases. Over a two year period, it was recorded and constructed at Electrical Audio, Key Club Studios, and Candle Studios. Title track “Year of the Hare” is a 21 minute epic that frantically mixes traditional instrumentation, piano/synths, flutes and sax, experimental editing/soundscapes, and guest vocals from great Isla Craig into one dizzying experience. While B-Side “California Cold” slowly builds and deconstructs over an 8 and a half minute stretch. Organically shifting from jangly melodic-punk anthem into a fuzzed out psychedelic jam session. Eclectically blending musical styles and voices in the most, well, Fucked Up way possible.
In stores June 16th, 2015.
Pre-ordering information will be posted shortly.
- Year of the Hare (21:38)
- California Cold (8:21)
- Terror announce Fall tour dates
- Tankcrimes Records Announces BRAINSQUEEZE II Fest
- Fucked Up release track 'Paper the House' from 'Glass Boys' out Jun.3 on Matador Records
- Listen to new song from Fucked Up 'Led By Hand' from upcoming album on Matador Records
- FUCKED UP release new video/song 'Sun Glass' from upcoming album on Matador Records
- Fizzy Blood to support punk legends Dead Kennedys on UK tour