Funeral Sounds has announced their comeback as a record label and have made three cassette tapes available for order. Heccra is an multi-instrumental experimental producer whose music is rooted in post-hardcore, but takes elements of numerous genres. Alomar is the folk-punk solo project of Eddie Gancos, the vocalist of post-hardcore band CityCop. weak. is a screamo band from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for fans of Orchid, Raein and iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook.
All EPs are available for streaming on Funeral Sounds’ Bandcamp.
All the tapes are currently available for order on Funeral Sounds’ store.
The Alomar tapes and the remaining 5 Heccra tapes are currently up for order on Funeral Sounds’ store. weak. tapes are hand-numbered and available in the store.
/25 randomly colored cassette tapes (Heccra)
/50 randomly colored cassette tapes (Alomar)
/35 transparent pink cassette tapes (weak.)
25 of Alomar’s cassettes will be sold in Funeral Sounds’ store while 25 will go to the artist. 20 of the weak. tapes will go to the artist and 15 will be available in the store.
Funeral Sounds was founded by Chase Jennewine and Mark Garza in September of 2012 as a music blog. They became a record label the following month and put out various albums on CD and tape for bands like Shark Bait, Ghost Cat and Soft Talk. They took a hiatus in 2013 after Jennewine left the company. In the proceeding months, Garza planned to bring the label back on his own and announced Funeral Sounds’ comeback towards the end of 2013/beginning of 2014.
- The Black Lantern releases debut album 'We Know The Future' cassette on Wiener Records
- Brisbane's Steve Grady releases new single 'Go Away & Miss Me' and EP release details
- Green Day to release demo collection 'Demolicious' on Apr.19 on cd, vinyl and cassette
- Gillian Carter release 'Songs For Splits' on cassette via Sorry Girls Records
- Auroch to release 'Form Forgotten Worlds' on vinyl and cassette via Tridroid Records
- Essex punk rock quartet Forever After release their brand new E.P.