Iconic British punk band Gallows are proud to announce the release of their new album ‘Desolation Sounds’, to be released through their own label Venn and Play It Again Sam Records this coming April 13th.
‘Desolation Sounds’ is Gallows album number four. Titled after an expanse of water in frontman Wade MacNeil’s native Canada, it features ten songs, runs for 36 minutes and might just be the most bleakly beautiful, weighty and affecting collection of music you will hear this year.
The album represents a new chapter in Gallows career as they move towards their tenth anniversary. Co-produced by Steve Sears at Titan Studios, Watford, it’s a body of work which builds upon the aggression and passion of the band’s acclaimed catalogue while opening up new horizons for the quartet. It is, says Gallows founding member Laurent ‘Lags’ Barnard, “the record I’ve dreamt about making.”
“I think the album sounds really fearless,” the guitarist continues. “It’s the sound of a band that’s comfortable with playing music together, rather than trying to fit into a certain scene or zeitgeist or any preconceived notion of what the band should be. We just ignored the outside music world and made an album that felt good in our guts.”
Album pre-orders and exclusive bundles also available from gallows.co.uk
itunes link: http://geni.us/1Svr
2015 will also see Gallows back on the road, doing what they do best. Support will come from Nottingham based chaos merchants Baby Godzilla. Cities will burn.
22nd Glasgow Cathouse
26TH London Garage
27th Manchester Sound Control
- Gallows announce new album, video for new single 'Bonfire Season' and tour dates
- Gallows announces 'Mystic Death' video and UK tour dates
- Stream new Gallows single 'Chains' out Jun.30 on Venn/Play It Again Sam; Summer Tour
- Gallows announce new single 'Leather Crown' on Venn/Play It Again Sam and Slam Dunk tour
- Mew announce new album, 2015 tour dates and stream new single 'Satellites'
- South London riff-monsters Stoneghost release video for new single 'Raynardine'