In just under a month, GAYTHEIST will embark on a quick 4 date west coast tour with fellow Portland heavy rock enthusiasts Drunk Dad (Eolian Empire). The brief jaunt features four high caliber shows with Wild Throne (formerly Dog Shredder) joining the fun in Seattle and most notably Kowloon Walled City making a rare appearance on the San Fran stop. Check out the dates below:
2/20 – Seattle, WA at Chop Suey w/ Wild Throne, The Great Goddamn
2/21 – Portland, OR at Information Warehouse w/ Nasalrod, Raw Nerves
2/22 – Arcata at Alibi
2/23 – San Fran at Helmlock w/ Kowloon Walled City, Hornss
In other GAYTHEIST news, the band has been confirmed to appear at the 2014 edition of Boise’s Treefort Festival on March 21st along side a slew of up and coming heavy bands including SubRosa, Uzula, and Hooves. More details can be found at treefortmusicfest.com.
The latest sucker punch with a smile from GAYTHEIST entitled “Hold Me…But Not So Tight” (released May 2013 and the 2nd full length released on Good to Die) stirred up a whirlwind of buzz and excitement from the blogs and critics of the world, including Exclaim!, who rightly notes the trio’s “strong grooves and deep hooks,” and Willamette Week, which proclaimed the Portland band one of the city’s Best New Bands, noting that their “sonic onslaught is spiked with lyrics that mix political statements with biting sarcasm.”
Watch the Whitey McConnaughy (Red Fang, OFF!, ZZ Top) directed video for “Stomach Pains” HERE.
- Seattle's Tangerine announce tour dates including SXSW and Treefort Fest
- Eolian Empire Discloses Label's 2014 Releases
- Sandrider unleashes new track 'Champions'; Godhead out Tues.
- SANDRIDER premieres video for "Gorgon"; announces first shows of 2014
- DEADKILL premieres new track; reveals album details
- ATO Records' Fly Golden Eagle to open for Gogol Bordello this March