Norwegian art rock outfit, Gazpacho, has announced an April 15 North American release date for its upcoming eighth studio album, Demon, to be released via Kscope. Written over two years, the band has described Demon as the “most complicated and strange album Gazpacho has ever made.”
Like the band’s first two Kscope releases, Demon continues the tradition of telling rich stories through the course of the album. The songs, based on “the mad ramblings left behind by an unknown tenant in an apartment in Prague,” delve deep within the demon that possessed the inhabitant and explore the evil he has caused and all that he is capable of. For more information on the Demon origin, head over to: http://www.kscopemusic.com/gazpacho/.
Demon can be pre-ordered now through the Kscope webstore as a limited digibook featuring bonus track, “The Cage,” or 180g heavyweight vinyl at: https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/.
Gazpacho will support the release of Demon on a European tour with label mates, Se Delan, this April.
Gazpacho was formed in Oslo, Norway in 1996 by childhood friends, Jon-Arne Vilbo and Thomas Andersen, along with Jan-Henrik Ohme (later joined by Mikael Krømer, Lars Erik Asp and Kristian Torp), and released its debut album, Bravo, in 2003.
After signing to Kscope in 2010, the band released its sixth album, Missa Atropos, followed by the acclaimed, March of Ghosts, in 2012. While Missa Atropos was a concept album that dealt with themes of death, fear and loneliness, March of Ghosts was a collection of short stories telling the tales of a variety of characters from beyond the grave.
Is the Demon diary truly the work of an obsessed madman, or an urban legend? Stay tuned for more information on Gazpacho and Demon.
Jan Henrik Ohme – vocals
Jon-Arne Vilbo – guitars
Thomas Andersen – keyboards, programming
Lars Erik Asp – drums
Kristian Torp – bass
Mikael Krømer – violin, mandolin
- Se Delan to release debut album "The Fall" this spring on Kscope, New track "Tonight" streaming on Soundcloud
- Se Delan releases 'Tonight' lyric video, debut album out Apr.15 on Kscope
- Anathema announce new album 'distant satellites' Jun.10 on Kscope
- Anathema to release 'Distant Satellites' Jun.10 on Kscope Music
- Engineers to release new album 'Always Returning' in Sept. on Kscope; watch teaser
- BRIAN BYRNE releases new single 'ARIZONA' via DINE ALONE in support of Suicide Awareness