Based in Dusseldorf, Alex and Oliver AKA Superlounge have long been known for their close association with Alex Niggemann, both in the studio and in running the Soulfooled label. Having now struck out on their own, Superlounge are establishing their distinct sonic palette on this Culprit release. The duo go the full songwriting route by recruiting two exceptional vocalists & lyricists to provide the special dimension to their compositions.
A collaborator with Jimpster, Christian Prommer and Frankey & Sandrino, Jinadu lands his contemplative lyrics to the title track. Propelled by a gently pulsating bassline and an impeccable groove, ‘Ghost of Time’ is evocative of a desert landscape at night, languid and mysterious.
‘Counting Days’ features the unique tone of Forrest, the London via Montreal- based artist who has become one of the most in demand guest vocalists in the genre. His vocal work and original productions have graced graced the who is who of underground dance labels, from Get Physical to Rebellion, My Favorite Robot to Vakant. Here his melancholy verses highlight Superlounge’s deeply warm production.
The package also includes a pair of remixes from two other up and coming duos. LA’s own Richoshei are in the midst of a meteoric rise following the success of their perfectly crafted ‘Perfect Like You’ that saw the light via DJ Koze’s Pampa imprint. Close friends and studiomates of Culprit’s honchos Droog, Richoshei deliver a unique take on the title track, molding the original into something entirely their own. Timelapse are an Italian duo operating out of Berlin and bring a darker minimalistic aesthetic to the release.
- South Wales alternative band Forrest announce debut album 'Soluna' on Close To Home Records
- German stoner band Lord Of Giant to release 7" on H42 Records
- Limited Edition Lord Of Giant 7" 'Dust Demon/Woman' pre-sale now on H42 Records
- Post black metallers Skady release new video 'Omega'
- German metal band Convictors release new album 'Envoys Of Extinction'
- Luxembourg based My Own Ghost releases 'Silence' music video