Gizmo has been making waves with some of the most progressive musicians on the soul/jazz/hip hop/electronic scene – Robert Glasper, Meshell Ndegeoello, Talib Kwali. His debut album Red Balloon & The Middle Ep were released in the States in 2014. This Ep is a hybrid of those 2 releases for his UK debut.
Gizmo has gathered a decent guest list from Raydar Ellis on mc duties(Invalid) to Derrick Hodge & Casey Benjamin(Robert Glasper Experiment) on production & vocoder. Gizmo is a bass player, singer, producer & spoken word artist, truly multi faceted & only in his early twenties.
‘leading a musical revolution.. musicians lead the charge reclaiming their position as keepers of the sound ‘ Okay Player
‘creatively fresh taking you from genre to genre’ Vibe
‘sonically reminiscent of Eric Roberson and Dwele whilst injecting pieces of his own soul and he does it well’ Ebony
‘Glasper proteges experimental bassist Gizmo’ Indy week
- Posi-Tone Records celebrates 20 Years of Great Jazz
- Small Bear Records announces vinyl release of Swedish act Club K 'Let M Shake'
- New Zealand born singer Wallace shares jazz/neo-soul inspired debut single 'Vinyl Skip'
- Urban soulstress Jeanine releases brand new single 'Runnin'
- Albany's MIRK release new single 'Rocketship' from upcoming full length album
- Wovenhand to release 'Refractory Obdurate' Apr.29 on Deathwish / Glitterhouse