On The Fruit Music are pleased to announce details of the debut from Switzerland’s hidden gem. Glitter Wasteland, the moniker for the electronic infused pop endeavours of Siri Jantey, marks her arrival with the ‘Don’t Let It Go’ single on October 13th.
Emotive, melancholia awash in ocean of poignant fragility, ‘Don’t Let It Go’ is a complex, multi-layered exercise in ambient soundscapes and captivating melodies. A reflection of Siri’s diverse background. With origins in four countries (her father is Chinese/Vietnamese, her mother Laotian/Cambodian), born and raised in Thailand to lengthy spells in Los Angeles before settling in Switzerland. Her haunting vocals blend seamlessly over punchy drums and deep, driving bass lines, telling us intriguing tales of the night. Remixes come courtesy of London duo Punks Jump Up; IAMX (solo project of Chris Corner of Sneaker Pimps fame) and Manchester’s rising star Leebo Freeman.
After playing shows in Switzerland and Germany, accompanied by a collective of musicians and hypnotic visuals, Glitter Wasteland will be trekking across Europe this autumn when she arrives for her first show in the UK.
- IAMX Re-emerges For An Intimate Online Performance of 'KISS + SWALLOW' on May 31
- Gary Numan releases IAMX directed video for 'I Am Dust'
- lovelesslust Release New Video For Their Cover of David Bowie's Song "Fashion"
- Former Woe Is Me guitarist Andrew Paiano announces new DJ duo EDM project
- Mystery band Cold Shoulders release debut single
- New Zealand born singer Wallace shares jazz/neo-soul inspired debut single 'Vinyl Skip'