Atomic drum & guitar duo God Damn have announced a deal with One Little Indian and have confirmed they will release their debut album via the label later in the year.
Following earlier single releases via Distorted Tapes & Gravy, the band’s first One Little Indian release is devastating new single ‘Shoe Prints In The Dust’ b/w ‘It’s A Pity’ (April 21st), two new songs – recorded at the legendary Toe Rag studios with Liam Watson – that are testimony to the band’s explosive alchemy.
Hailing from the heart of the Black Country, God Damn fuse ‘Bleach’ era Nirvana, Jesus Lizard, ‘Surfer Rosa’ era Pixies and At The Drive In influences whilst swearing allegiance to the ‘Seven J’s’ of their Holy Bible: Hendrix, Homme, Cash, White, Page, Bonham and Jesse ‘The Devil’ Hughes (Eagles of Death Metal).
Formed in the summer 2010, 2013 was a year of both extreme highs and lows for God Damn – it saw their most intensive touring yet and the release of the ‘Heavy Money’ EP brought them kudos at NME, Guardian, Artrocker and Radio 1 – but their then-guitarist Dave also suffered injuries in an accident that left him fighting for his life.
Onstage, God Damn – Thom Edward (guitars/vocals) and Ash Weaver (drums) – are pure attack: molten pop hooks galvanized in a blaze of bludgeoning riffs and furiously propulsive percussion. Previously supporting the likes of Superfood, Wet Nuns, Icarus Line and Gay For Johnny Depp, the band have already been out playing packed headline shows this year as well as dates with The Wytches.
31/05 Camden Rocks London
- God Damn release new video/single 'Shoe Prints In The Dust'
- God Damn announce new single 'Horus' on One Little Indian Records Oct.27
- God Damn streams new single 'Vultures' from debut album out May 11 on One Little Indian Records
- God Damn announce new single and debut album 'Vultures'
- For Today streams full album 'Fight The Silence' on Alt Press
- Katy Tiz releases acoustic version of hit single 'The Big Bang'