Australia’s sonically adventuresome six piece, HANDS LIKE HOUSES, is pleased to announce the Reimagine EP, which is out September 16th and available for pre-order today. The band has also debuted a new song and video for “Revive (Introduced Species)” from the forthcoming release. The new EP offers fans a deconstructed, alternative version of some of the favorites from their sophomore album, Unimagine, which was released last year via Rise Records and charted at #37 on the Billboard’s Top 200 chart.
Frontman Trenton Woodley offers, “Earlier this year we had the chance to get away to Little Plain – a small farmhouse in the Snowy Mountains almost completely disconnected from the outside world, to revisit and rediscover some of the songs from Unimagine. We wanted to take it beyond just picking up acoustic guitars, we wanted to give the songs the same respect as if we were writing them from the beginning – and we just played and played until they felt right. It really is a huge part of what Unimagine was about – deconstruction, perspective and finding what is constant and uniquely personal.”
The album was recorded this past April 2014 in Los Angeles, California at Grey Area studios with producer Erik Ron, who has worked with bands like Panic! at the Disco, Saosin, Chiodos, and more. Hands Like Houses are renowned for their eclectic blend of technical and effects – heavy songwriting, inspired lyrics, and explosive live performances. After signing to Rise Records in 2011, and boasting a dedicated and fast-growing international following, their YouTube channels have since seen over 10 million views. The band continues to gain massive support among both critics and fans and are showing no signs of slowing down in 2014.
Woodley continues, “This isn’t an acoustic record for us, that would be like saying Unimagine was a drum and bass album. Reimagine is a parallel and a rediscovery of Unimagine and we couldn’t be happier with the result. ”
1. recollect (Shapeshifters)
2. revive (Introduced Species)
3. rediscover (No Parallels)
4. release (A Tale of Outer Suburbia)
5. reflect (Developments)
- Hands Like Houses release new song from 'Reimagine' EP out Sept.16 on Rise Records
- Hands Like Houses release unsettling video 'A Tale Of Outer Suburbia'
- Silverstein announces new album, premiere new song, music video and tour dates
- A Skylit Drive announce new Tour with Memphis May Fire and More
- '68 signs to eOne Music/ Good Fight Music
- The Rising Few release new video 'I Want You Now'; offers download form upcoming album