Immigrant Union celebrates U.S. Tour with Free Download of collaboration with Courtney Barnett on “The End Has Come”
SEE THE VIDEO FOR IMMIGRANT UNION’S SUMMER HIT “ALISON” HERE
The MuseBox today announced that Australia’s Immigrant Union will embark on a cross-country tour of the United States this fall in support of their second full-length, Anyway, to be released on 9/23. With a psychedelic folk sound that frontman Brent DeBoer describes as “Spiritualized being baptised in a river of Creedence Clearwater,” Immigrant Union will play several major American cities in October and November, highlighted by an appearance at The Americana Music Festival on 9/18.
In anticipation of the tour, the band is offering their new single, “The End Has Come,” as a free download. “The End Has Come” features Courtney Barnett, the singer/songwriter who Rolling Stone called a “hybrid of Kimya Dawson and Kurt Cobain,” and will be available to those who join Immigrant Union’s mailing list via the band’s official website. Enjoy the poignant yet beautiful tune, “The End Has Come” from Immigrant Union ft. Courtney Barnett, offered to HellhoundMusic.com readers first as an exclusive download.
According to the music blog The Sound of Confusion, Immigrant Union feature “lighthearted and occasionally witty lyrics, and you can tell that all involved are experienced musicians.” Dubbed “something of a supergroup,” Immigrant Union consist of DeBoer from The Dandy Warhols, Bob Harrow from The Lazy Sons, and four other well-known players on the Melbourne scene. The band recorded their self-titled full-length debut album with producer Gregg Williams (Sheryl Crow, The Dandy Warhols, Blitzen Trapper).
It was the summer of 2004 when Brent DeBoer of The Dandy Warhols was killing some time in Australia and had a chance meeting with Melbourne’s Bob Harrow. This initial exchange led to a spontaneous trip to the country and an all-night session. The friendship grew.
DeBoer and Harrow soon recruited the talented vocalist and keyboardist, Peter Lubulwa, and the band quickly planted its roots in alt-country-folk, bound by a communal love for classic rock and roll. Part psychedelic folk, part traditional country rock, Immigrant Union have since built their name through stellar live performances at some of the Australia’s most iconic venues and boutique festivals.
Immigrant Union Fall 2014 U.S. Tour
- 08 Wed Boston, MA – TT The Bear’s Place
- 09 Thu Danbury, CT – Heirloom Arts Theatre
- 10 Fri New York, NY – Pianos
- 11 Sat Philadelphia, PA – Ortlieb’s Lounge
- 12 Sun Long Branch, NJ – Brighton Music Bar
- 16 Thu Detroit, MI – PJ’s Lager House
- 17 Fri Chicago, IL – Township
- 18 Sat Terre Haute, IN – Verve
- 19 Sun Cincinnati, OH – MOTR
- Oct 21-25 New York, NY – CMJ Music Festival
- 26 Sun Los Angeles, CA – Overpass
- 28 Tue Los Angeles, CA – Dirty Laundry
- 29 Wed Las Vegas, NV – Bunkhouse
- 31 Fri San Francisco, CA – Slim’s Shelby Ash
- 03 Mon Seattle, WA – Sunset Tavern
- 06 Thu Portland, OR – Mississippi Studios