Fans of Melbourne Australian band Husky can rejoice in the news of a brand new single “I’m Not Coming Back” due out via Melbourne label Liberation Music, home to The Temper Trap, Vance Joy and Hunters & Collectors. The band – Husky Gawenda, Gideon Preiss and Evan Tweedie – will follow the single release with an Australian tour that has Arron Light joining them on drums and has the band returning to intimate venues across the country. “I’m Not Coming Back” is Husky’s first new song to be released since their debut album Forever So came out in 2012 on Sub Pop Records in the US.
Forever So featured the band’s signature sophistication in song writing, musicianship and orchestration that captivated both industry and fans. Rolling Stone described it as “Nick Drake-esque fairytale delivered with full indie-orchestration and Pitchfork said the album was, “bursting with feeling.” The debut release saw Husky touring Australia, the US and Europe for almost two years running which included main support slots for Devendra Banhart, Gotye, Noah and the Whale, The Shins, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Head and the Heart and City & Colour.
“I’m Not Coming Back” was written by Gawenda in a small makeshift studio at the back of his house, located directly beneath a flight path. It came to be one evening when the stars overhead were particularly illuminating and the airplanes gliding past seemed to be twinkling in their reflected light. Tapping into the notion that most of us have the need to leave something behind in our lives, and showcasing the band’s rare ability to tell stories and create worlds for the listener. “I’m Not Coming Back” is a distinctly Husky song, yet with an added drive and energy – just like one of those planes gliding through the night, moving toward a new destination.
The single will be released on June 30th worldwide on Liberation Music and it offers the first glimpse at a new collection of songs that form Husky’s second LP. The album itself is scheduled for release later this year.
- Fourth & Coast release new single teaser ft. The Ready Set; tour with X Factor's Jennel Garcia
- The Number Ones release new song from Self Titled album out Aug.5 on Deranged Records
- London Pop-Rock band HEEL release single from upcoming 'Stranger Just The Same' EP
- Scare Don't Fear release new single 'City Of Skeletons'
- R.A. (Rude Awakening) release new track new album 'Collateral Damage'; pre-order now
- Sweden's Pale Honey to release their self-titled debut full-length album May 5th on Instant Records