A new project from Igor Krutogolov, Composer and multidisciplinary artist, founder of Kruzenshtern & Parohod: a Klezmer Avant-Garde outfit that released five albums and is critically acclaimed around the world. Krutogolov is a member in a great number of challenging music projects from around the musical genres. And a respectful collaborator of Avant-Garde cycles around the world (List of some of the project at the bottom of the email).
Igor Krutogolov’s Karate Band combines the two aspects of the word PLAY – playing (instruments) and playing (toys). The Karate band musicians play only on Toy instruments. the ensemble arsenal includes toy clarinets, drum set for the tender age, plastic toy guitars and more, but the music itself is far from being child’s play: It’s a complex, weird and quirky combination, meticulous to the last note, that jumps from Rock, Folk, Tango, Country, Jazz and even Metal…
Like a symphonic orchestra performing “Mary had a little lamb” – the other way around…
After almost a decade of hiatus and a debut album (Children 4 Muzik -2005) that received great reviews around the world, the toy orchestra is back! bigger, more complex and more childish.
Come learn with us How to be a Crocodile.
website link http://thatkookooguy.wix.com/karateband
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Minor Alps (Juliana Hatfield / Matthew Caws) debut music video for "Waiting For You"
- Big Scary wins prestigious Australian award for 'Not Art' out Mar.25 on Barsuk Records