A native of Washington State, Riffle has been writing and performing folk music since childhood. He developed a solid following in Washington, opening for Death Cab for Cutie and in NY collaborating with members of The Mars Volta, Ollabelle, and Antony and the Johnsons. On the touring front, Riffle’s travels have taken him to both coasts, as well as a trip to Alaska. His last EP Another Dream was in rotation at over 150 stations and featured on Sirius XM.
The Deli NY calls Riffle “New York’s unlikely mellowcore champion of the year.” Direct Current describes Riffle as “a writer and performer of uncommon depth and intimacy–Nick-Drake-meets-Elliott-Smith,” and the College Music Journal says, “The slow melodies and elegant simplicity of Chris Riffle’s folk music could take the most stressed New Yorker to a tranquil mindset.” Be sure to check out Riffle’s new video “Shake Me Up”!
- Indie rock band Yumi and the System release new video/single 'Day Of The Tiger'
- Indie-folk rockers Trebuchet release new video 'The End'
- Spotlight: Cleveland Indie pop band These Knees
- Oakland indie-folk quartet Ghost Town Jenny release 'Lights' music video
- Brisbane's The Worriers release new single a video 'Mama Said'
- New York singer-songwriter Shayna Leigh shares 'Wake Me When It's Christmas' video