Upstate-NY native Pecas debuted her new track “Keeper” off her debut album Dwelling last Thursday on yvynyl, who painted a picture of the winter to come- “Just wait until the snow first falls. Songs like this will comfort you and fit just right on the edge of the fire night. Slow, deliberate and sensual.”
My Old Kentucky Blog commented on how “The sparkling instrumentation combined with the whispery vocals ever-so-gently kiss your ears having us put it on repeat.”
Dwelling was almost entirely self-recorded (excluding drums), self-mixed, and self-produced within a late 19th century farmhouse in New Paltz, NY from 2012-2013 by Sandy Davis (pecas).
pecas is Sandy Davis in her latest incarnation. Fronted by her often haunting, childlike voice, this solo project is a dreamy, cinematic take on what can loosely be described as indie rock. Previously, the Spanish-born, Hudson Valley resident played bass for New Paltz psychedelic folk rockers, Breakfast in Fur, and guitar for producer Kevin McMahon’s project, Pelican Movement.
pecas’ 2014 debut album Dwelling is at times whimsical, at times melancholic as it ties together a blend of sparkly guitars, minimalistic piano, xylophone, claps, and whispers. The self-recorded album touches upon the themes of “out-of-placeness” and the ephemeral nature of home and friendships.
- Mystery band Cold Shoulders release debut single
- Australian James Chatburn releases debut single; EP due out later this year
- Jhene Aiko releases first single 'To Love & Die' featuring Cocaine 80s from debut album 'Souled Out'
- Electronic pop/rock band Skyroads release double A-side single '1,2 Steps/Beyond The Doors' and tour details
- SPICA announces US single debut and KCON performance
- Houston rapper Roosh Williams shares 'Staring At You' from upcoming album