Nashvilel indie-rock band Yumi and the System release new video/single ‘Day Of The Tiger’. The band is preparing the release of their debut album Wonders Of Origin on Sept. 23rd.
7 out of 10 songs on the album were produce by Lincoln Parish of Cage The Elephant, including the first single “Day Of The Tiger”.
Yumi and the System is female fronted rock from Nashville, TN. 2014 marks the debut full length album Wonders Of Origin. The artist Yumi, also known as Amy Wright (vocals) with founding member Ben Wright (guitarist), have influences of indie pop, punk & dirty rock. Both members, possessing a moderate history of years hitting the hard pavement, have turned around to the simplicity of loving the music.
“equal parts Karen O and one of my favorite European bands, The Scanners, set to driving rhythms…there is a distance to Yumi’s vocals…disconnected from the moment and looking at something off in the distance…that same type of distance that I get from Paul Banks vocals from Interpol. Whatever it is, I like it” – Wurds Smith, Daily Unsigned.
Wonders Of Origin: This 10 song album is set to be released September 23rd. 7 songs were recorded in May of 2014 with producer Lincoln Parish (Cage The Elephant) at TalkBoxRodeo and engineered by Kevin Kilpatrick. 3 songs were recorded with engineer Tommy Carnes. All songs mixed by Chris Grainger (Wilco, Five Knives, Switchfoot, Kyle Andrews) and mastered by Chris Athens (Sleighbells, G Love and Special Sauce, Cold Play & Pujol).
For More Information:
- Bear Hands release NSFW video 'Peacekeeper'
- J. Roddy Walston and the Business announce new video and Spring tour dates with Cage The Elephant and Foals
- Bear Hands Summer tour dates with Cage The Elephant, Junior Prom and Total Slacker
- Bristol based quintet Coasts release 'Oceans' video and release new EP in the US
- Cage The Elephant To Release First Single Entitled "Come A Little Closer" Streaming Online August 8th
- Outasight announces new album and releases video for first single