TRAK JOY is the infectious new duo of Kile Atwater and Shane Dinet. The group have just premiered their debut single, “Skin,” via IMPOSE Magazine late last week. As Atwater takes to the microphone, with Dinet reigning over the production decks, the duo creates an unstoppable musical force of alternative R&B for the masses.
“The songs we write usually start as fragments but after playing around and experimenting with sounds and my vocals we are able to create something that conveys a mood or a story in the song,” Atwater tells IMPOSE. “I don’t think there is a secret recipe at all. I just try to approach every song idea with a sense of openness. We aren’t really worried about anything but making good music and I think that comes across on Skin and in future tracks as well.”
Dinet says of their musical process: “I try to make my creations feel positive whether it’s for Trak Joy or my other project Ether Teeth. If I’m sad then the beat/song might sound a little more melancholy, but I don’t like to reinforce people to stay in negative moods. Kile is the same with his lyrics, he’s a character and his lyrics are generally really positive or wanting to lift you up in some way. It’s been interesting getting to know someone by their lyrics.”
Trak Joy will release their debut EP within the coming months
- Exclusive Premiere: Nashville based Nothing Less debut single ‘Something To Stand Behind’
- From the ashes of Hungry Kids comes a new project Sans Parents; stream debut single
- 19 year old powerhouse Halsey signs to Astralwerks; stream debut single 'Ghost'
- Astralwerks new signing Halsey to tour with The Kooks
- Vocalist Safia Mafia premieres debut single 'The Mob' from upcoming EP
- Prins Obi releases debut single 'Weekend Lovers'