After a plethora of UK praise, Only Real’s long awaited debut album Jerk At The End Of The Line released in the U.S. today. “Jerk at the End of the Line concerns itself with cheerful, picaresque tales of listless youth – all lazy afternoons and late nights,” says The Guardian. The 16 track LP includes his previous singles “Can’t Get Happy” and “Cadillac Girl.” Take home his debut album HERE.
“[Jerk At The End Of The Line is] something wholly riveting, drenched in his own wry outlook and devil-may-care attitude.” – The Line of Best Fit (8/10)
“Jerk At The End Of The Line is a mixture of enthusiasm, apathy and being a free spirit.” – DIY Magazine (3/5)
Only Real, dubbed a ‘slurry-goofy UK sing-rap trickster’ by Stereogum, recently released his psychedelic and alien filled video for his new single “Can’t Get Happy.” Pairing the songs kaleidoscopic sonics with a suitably colorful backdrop, the video features vintage cartoon visuals by director Lee Lennox, naturally coming together with Only Real’s signature blend of the freewheeling, whimsical, thoughtful and absurd.
With his neon colored singles to date – the breathless 50s swoon of “Cadillac Girl”, the jittery anti-love pop song “Pass The Pain” – Only Real provided tantalizing glimpses into his particular, peculiar world, with liquid guitars lines wriggling around each other like oiled-up eels, lolloping rhymes crashing into head swimming choruses, and lyrics ricocheting from the observational, confessional, surreal and laugh-out-loud funny. But the 23-year old West Londoner Niall Galvin’s gloriously idiosyncratic vision is well and truly unveiled.
Jerk At The End Of The Line (Deluxe) Tracklisting
- Intro (Twist It Up)
- Break It Off
- Can’t Get Happy
- Blood Carpet
- Cadillac Girl
- Pass The Pain
- Backseat Kissers
- When This Begins
- In My Kind
- Cinnamon Toast
- Cadillac Girl (Harry Fraud Remix)
- Pass The Pain (Star Slinger Remix)
- Houston rapper Roosh Williams shares 'Staring At You' from upcoming album
- Sheffield-based hip hop group Clubs & Spades to release 'Deal or No Deal' May 3 on Sentric
- UK rapper Dizzee Rascal to release 'Pagans' EP Dec.15 on Dirtee Stank Recordings
- UK rapper Bonkaz streams new track 'We Run The Block' on Pitched Up
- Rapper/singer KyE Nathaniel releases 'Wonder Why' video produced by Johnny Juliano
- Ghetto Ghouls share track from new album Apr.8 on Monofonus Press