Joey Sturgis Tones, developers of audio processing tools for non-technical music creators, introduce Tominator. Tominator is a plugin intended to treat cymbal bleed commonly found in close-mic drum recordings. While the plugin was designed with treating cymbal bleed in tom tracks as its name would suggest, the plugin can also be applied to other percussive elements with similar results.
Tominator uses a unique, filter-based approach to treat cymbal bleed. Built on advanced, adjustable filter automation – users are able to treat bleed in a more natural approach than gating. This approach solves the common issue of signal loss that occurs with most gate and expander alternatives. True to the company’s promise of end-user ease of use, Tominator is a utility that streamlines an engineer’s drum processing, saving them time & effort.
● Eliminates cymbal bleed with internal moving filter
● Internal automated filter for effectively removing cymbal bleed
● Speed control for changing how fast filter works on your signal
● Cutoff parameter sets where the filter will stop after the transient
● Enables you to have more versatility when processing your drums
Tominator was developed with the anticipation that users will be loading multiple instances, such as one per drum track. With this in mind, the plugin was built to be lightweight, using minimal CPU & system resources. Users have the peace of mind knowing that any standard recording computer and DAW can handle an instance of Tominator on every drum track. Tominator is supported on all Macs & PCs in both a 32-bit and 64-bit format. For accessibility across all major digital audio workstations, Tominator is available as a VST2, VST3, AU, RTAS & AAX plugin.
About Joey Sturgis Tones: Twitter | Instagram
Joey Sturgis Tones is a plugin manufacturer of streamlined audio products designed to help musicians, producers and engineers to create great music. All Joey Sturgis Tones plugins are simple to use and built to have a pro quality sound right out of the gate, allowing users to get creative with our tools in any environment.
About Joey Sturgis:
Joey Sturgis is a producer, engineer & mixer renowned for his work with bands like The Devil Wears Prada, Miss May I & Asking Alexandria. With Joey Sturgis Tones, Joey is designing plugin solutions from within recording sessions, and applying them to real world albums. Rather than fighting with dense plugin stacks and routing to achieve a sound, all JST plugins are made to simplify the process in a way that our competition doesn’t.
- Joey Sturgis Tones Introduces SOAR Tape Delay Plugin
- Joey Sturgis Tones releases new Peak Clipper: JST Clip
- Bob Horn Discusses Importance of Collaboration & Cooperation Between Musicians & Producers
- Joey Sturgis Tones Introduces Toneforge Jason Richardson
- The 7th Annual South By So What?! Music Festival; Mar.14 - 16 at Quiktrip Ballpark
- Interview with Levi Benton from Miss May I by Gary Flinn