John Bassett (the singer, songwriter and producer of UK Progressive Rock Band KingBathmat) will release his debut solo album on March 31st on Stereohead Records with worldwide distribution through Code 7.
“UNEARTH” is descrbed as “a darkly lush collection of 10 finely crafted acoustic songs that inhabit a melancholic progressive dreamscape“
“UNEARTH” combines elements of Progressive Rock, Psychedelic folk within the structure of classic songwriting.
John Bassett is an English multi-instrumentalist, singer songwriter and producer from Hastings, East Sussex. Primarily known for writing the music and producing the critically acclaimed albums by Progressive Rock
act “KingBathmat”. He has so far released seven albums since 2003, with the last few through the record label Stereohead Records.
The last two album releases “Truth Button” & “Overcoming The Monster” have recieved much acclaim throughout the Progressive & Alternetive Rock Communities leading to reviews and features in national magazines such as “Classic Rock Presents Prog”, “Shindig”. Bassett’s songwriting is characterised as being ”endlessly inventive, leaving you guessing what’s going to happen next, with plenty of harmonies and big hooks“.
2014 sees Bassett releasing his debut solo album, an album on which he exploits the songwriting skills and production techniques he has acquired over the last ten years to their full potential.
- Kingbathmat's John Bassett releases new gothic video for 'Comedian'
- John Bassett releases video for 'Stay Away From The Dark'
- John Bassett announce new album 'Arcade Messiah' video trailer
- For Today streams full album 'Fight The Silence' on Alt Press
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Chuck Ragan and The Camaraderie announce co-headline tour with The White Buffalo