Los Angeles based singer-songwriter Julian Moon has just revealed the details of her brand new album. Good Girl will be released March 24th on Warner Bros. Records and marks her full-length and major label debut. The album was produced by Greg Wells (Adele, Katy Perry) with all songs primarily written by Moon herself. “Good Girl is choosing how you want to be seen and understood, and knowing that it is ok to be complicated, unpredictable and confusing.” she explains. “Good Girl is my autobiography and a social commentary on being a girl in this day and age. These past few years I have learned that people are complicated, and try as you might to peg them down as a good girl/bad girl/loser/popular – in reality we are all just beautiful, chaotic messes of contradictions. This album is here to hold space and give permission to those who can’t and won’t be pigeonholed.”
- Good Girl
- How To Break A Heart
- One Penny
- A Cup Of Coffee
- Who We Are
- Just Go With It
Eager to introduce the world to her engaging lyricism and no-holds-barred perspective of real life as an early 20-something, the album’s title track premiered with NYLON in a “Band Crush” last week. Second track “2AM” premiered yesterday via All Things Go. “Her vocals are languid and sparkling atop layers of lightly pulsing dream-pop, a combination that incites a sort of galactic ballet.” the Hype Machine blog boasted of the diverse second peek into the album.
Julian Moon grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah and attended school in LA where she cemented her witty personality and pop writing sensibilities. She inked a four year writing/publishing contract before Warner Bros. Records picked her up. Now in her early 20’s, Moon simply aims to make relatable, honest music at its core for her peers.
Official Website: http://msmoonmusic.com/
- Paul Weller to release Warner Bros debut 'Saturns Pattern' May 11
- Damon Albarn to release debut solo album 'Everyday Robots' 4/29 on Warner Bros.
- Priory announce North American tour dates with Kaiser Chiefs
- Singer-songwriter Ben Lee to release 'Love Is The Great Rebellion' June 2 on Warner Bros
- Twin Shadow releases statement concerning the Bus accident that occurred on Friday in Colorado
- Hidden Hospitals releases debut full-length album 'Surface Tension'