September 8th sees the impact of Kate Boy’s much anticipated new single ‘Self Control’, the first track to be taken from their debut album.
Kate Boy are a Stockholm based trio (Kate Akhurst, Hampus Nordgren and Markus Dextegen) who have been making waves across the globe, armed with their effortlessly catchy electronic beats and sultry vocal hooks. Kate Boy have ignited the internet over the past 12 months with the release of tracks ‘Northern Lights’, ‘The Way We Are’ and ‘In Your Eyes’ receiving critical acclaim from the likes of SPIN, V Magazine, Vogue and Pitchfork.
New single ‘Self Control’ is a track destined for festivals across the globe, packed with a dance-fuelled tribal beat and whirling synths. The track explodes as the chorus kicks in with lead vocalist, Kate, launches into her anthemic chant whilst the production shifts gear and brings the track to the next level.
Kate Boy bring their music to stratospheric heights in a live environment, with a recent sold out show at The Lexington in London and a set at Secret Garden Party, the band have kick started their summer with a bang.
Kate Boy recently signed with Fiction Records in the UK and will be detailing their debut album in the coming months.
- Kate Boy streams new single 'Open Fire' out Dec.8 on Fiction Records
- Fourth & Coast release new single teaser ft. The Ready Set; tour with X Factor's Jennel Garcia
- The Number Ones release new song from Self Titled album out Aug.5 on Deranged Records
- London Pop-Rock band HEEL release single from upcoming 'Stranger Just The Same' EP
- Scare Don't Fear release new single 'City Of Skeletons'
- Minus The Bear release new track 'The Lucky Ones'