Kraak & Smaak, a production trio hailing from Leiden, the Netherlands, turn their gaze skywards for their upcoming album Chrome Waves, out October 28th on Jalapeño Records. The production trio, consisting of Oscar de Jong, Mark Kneppers and Wim Plug, inject slick, synthetic house music with a warm and sanguine disco feel. The album features collaborations with Dutch star Janne Schra, soul man John Turrell, Ben Westbeech and other standout guests – and upon listening it’s easy to see why the trio are favorites among house legends like Pete Tong. Kraak & Smaak’s ultra-glossy 11-track record takes you on a cosmic journey that straddles the perfect line between mellow and danceable – Chrome Waves will leave you feeling blissed-out, nostalgic and entertained throughout.
Chrome Waves kicks off with single “The Future Is Yours”, a punchy, rollicking house number that topped club charts in the UK and Germany and received the coveted Tune of the Month accolade in Mixmag, featured on Toolroom Records‘ Ibiza Underground 2013 Compilation and Defected‘s Ushuaia 2013 compilation amongst numerous others. Soulful vocals get slapped with a deep synth line and sultry bass for an intro track so huge it seems unbeatable. But Kraak & Smaak are just warming up – as evidenced by “WhereYou Been”, rife with haunting, dissonant beats, the song feels lonely and evocative while still glossed over by synthetic smoothness. “Just Wanna Be Loved” is all funky basslines and blinding disco sheen outfitted appropriately with rich Grace Jones-esque chords by Joi Cardwell, “Love Inflation” starts as if it were recorded at the bottom of the sea, then tesselates into slinky synths, rattling percussion and dreamy ripples of vocals for standout cut.
For those who are new to Kraak & Smaak, the DJ supergroup’s acclaimed live shows and electric DJ sets have brought them to the mainstages of the world’s most renowned festivals and clubs, from We Love Space to Glastonbury and Coachella. Their last album Electric Hustle hit Number 1 on Los Angeles tastemaker station KCRW’ s album chart and their hit “Squeeze Me” released on Ultra Records earned them their debut TV live performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Kraak & Smaak will be performing live at Melkweg on October 16th as part of the official opening night of Amsterdam Dance Event showcasing new material from Chrome Waves with guest appearances from artists featured on the album for a memorable night of slinky beats and moonlight debauchery.
CHROME WAVES TRACKLISTING:
1. The Future is Yours
2. How We Gonna Stop The Tme (Feat. Stee Downes)
3. Good For The City (Feat. Sam Duckworth)
4. The Upper Hand (Feat. Upper A)
5. Love Inflation (Feat. Janne Schra)
6. Your Body
7. Where You Been
8. F.A.M.E. (Feat. Retro Stefson)
9. Just Wanna Be Loved (Feat. Joi Cardwell)
10. Don’t Let People (Feat. Berenice Van Leer)
11. Back Again (Feat. John Turrell)
- Kraak & Smaak Unleash New Track "Love Inflation" Off Their Forthcoming "Chrome Waves" LP
- Dutch trio Kraak & Smaak release West Coast dates and remix package
- Kraak & Smaak announce Chrome Waves Remixed on Jalapeno Records
- Kraak & Smaak launch new label Boogie Angst and debut EP 'Octaves' feat Sam Duckworth
- Kraak & Smaak release free track download from upcoming 'Jalapeno Funk Vol.6'
- Kraak & Smaak share video for 'All I Want Is You (feat. Keyhole)'