November sees the launch by Kraak & Smaak of their new imprint Boogie Angst. The label will be home to Kraak & Smaak’s future productions as well as a breeding ground for new talent. BA 001 will be a limited edition hand stamped 180gm vinyl only release with individually screen printed sleeves by dutch artist Thomas Raat.
This debut release will be the 3 track Octaves EP by Kraak & Smaak & Sam Duckworth (the artist formerly known as Get Cape Wear Cape Fly). Kraak & Smaak teamed up with Sam previously on chart topper Good For The City from the Chrome Waves album they have just finished a year promoting.
2014 has been a vintage year for Kraak & Smaak. They topped club and radio charts worldwide with their Chrome Waves album and the sublime singles The Future Is Yours, How We Gonna stop the Time, Back Again and Good For the City. They toured the US and Europe with their killer full band live show and made multiple TV and national radio appearances in their native Holland.
In the US the album topped the college radio charts and was licensed for use on hot new TV show Looking in the UK it was supported by Pete Tong, Monki, B Traits , Rob Da Bank and Annie Mac on Radio 1. In Germany they were the most charted international artist on the german club charts.
This latest round of success for the dutch boys led to Spinnin, Eskimo and Axtone Records all releasing exclusive K&S cuts alongside the boys home label Jalapeno.
Now it’s time for a new chapter where as well as being artists they will be running their own label – Boogie Angst.
First signing is hotly tipped dutch beat machine – Moods.
Boogie Angst will lead off with three EP’s before releasing his debut album in 2015.
- Sam Duckworth announces new video and new band ahead of Glastonbury
- Cricket Cemetery Emerges from the DC Scene with a Diverse Roster
- Visionary Swedish label Burning Heart Records rises from the ashes
- Kraak & Smaak. Dutch House Trio Announces "Chrome Waves" LP out October 28th
- Kraak & Smaak Unleash New Track "Love Inflation" Off Their Forthcoming "Chrome Waves" LP
- God Damn streams new single 'Vultures' from debut album out May 11 on One Little Indian Records