LA-based artist Michael Armstrong released his debut album, “I Hope I’m Hearing Right,” on March 10th. The album’s single, “Colors,” was released on February 23rd with an accompanying music video. Composing exclusively original material, Armstrong served as the album’s engineer, producer, mixer, and played all instruments on the album save bass and drums. Melding the lyrical honesty of the 70’s Laurel Canyon folk scene with the creative instrumentation of late 90’s indie-rock, Michael Armstrong is a Los Angeles-based 20-year-old singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist. Leveraging the storytelling nature of his songs, Armstrong’s work focuses on capturing timeless emotional statements and bringing them into the modern setting. The intimacy of his singer/songwriter approach is accompanied by the swirls of sound enveloping it, creating an unusual mixture of familiarity within a vast and unaccustomed context.
- L.A. based indie rockers Kin Cayo announce their first single “Our Ship” from their debut EP
- LA metal rappers The Chimpz release new music video 'California'
- Australia's Tkay Maidza to make US debut playing LA and CMJ in NYC
- Exclusive Premiere: Cairo Knife Fight 'No Longer Silent' music video
- L.A. rap metallers The Chimpz release new video 'California'
- Artifex Pereo 'Time In Place' review (Tooth & Nail Records)