Formed in 2013, Dead End Sky is a Modern Hard Rock band based in Los Angeles led by Ex-Devolved Frontman Kyle Zemanek. The band’s sound is described as “soaring vocals backed with crushing rhythms and dark, heartfelt ballads. This is the definition of Modern Hard Rock in 2014.”
Zemanek’s history includes a short stint as original Vocalist for metal juggernauts Five Finger Death Punch. He also was Vocalist/Songwriter for Deadsett, a band which featured in its ranks, Chris Howorth (In This Moment), Matt Snell (ex-Five Finger Death Punch), Jeff Fabb, (Filter, ex-In This Moment, James Durbin) and Travis Johnson (In This Moment).
Zemanek states, “I spent the last few years writing and had around 70 songs. In late 2012, it was time to pull the trigger and put a band together. We honed in on 12 specific songs and within a few months we were in the studio recording our debut album.” Joining Zemanek in the group are Rich Abronson (lead guitar), Dan Bartlett (bass), and Masa Oishi (drums).
They recorded at the world famous NRG recording studio in North Hollywood with veteran engineer Josh Newell (Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Intronaut).
Dead End Sky’s self-titled debut album was mixed by acclaimed producer/mixer Brian Virtue (30 Seconds to Mars, Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd, Jane’s Addiction, All That Remains, Shadows Fall). It was mastered by Paul Logus (Stone Sour, Anthrax, Volbeat, Hellyeah).
New Lyric Video for the song “When You Fall” can be viewed below, as well as a stream of their first song “Always”.
- Dead End Sky release new single and lyric video 'When You Fall'
- DEAD END SKY to Release Self-Titled Debut - New Single 'Always' Available for Streaming Now
- Dead End Sky announce new 'Tomorrow Can't Wait' EP details
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Garage/Punk band Dead on TV release official video for 'Screwdriver' from 'Creeper' EP