The MuseBox today announced that Los Angeles indie pop favorite LAYNE has released the moody new video for “Somebody,” her ode to musicians who leave the serenity of rural life for the challenging pursuit of success in the city. “Somebody” is the newest single from LAYNE’s third EP, Warrior. Having recently moved to Los Angeles after being raised in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Last spring she released her second EP, Mind Games, on the heels of her performances at 2014’s SXSW festival in Austin. More information on LAYNE’s upcoming tour and each of her records can be found on her official site.
When LAYNE was fifteen, she released an album entitled Better Than Me. Two years later she released an EP called Mind Games. By this time she was playing almost every weekend at different venues throughout South Dakota, and was featured twice on public radio and multiple times in the newspaper. Immediately after graduating high school, LAYNE relocated to Los Angeles.
LAYNE co-produced Warrior with Devon Corey (Comeback Kid, The Material). The young indie artist has a very clear idea of how she wants it all to sound: “I want people to see the production we’ve spent so much time creating come to life, and to hear the huge wall of sound – even if there are only two or three players on stage.”
LAYNE says, “Songs often represent a very specific location, a place that can somehow beckon and unite complete strangers from completely strange lands.” Her goal for Warrior was to write the type of songs that have inspired her throughout her short life: “It’s always amazed me that a song written by someone after intense heartbreak or loss can change the life of someone else. It is somewhere I can always go to not feel alone, and I want others to meet me there.”
- Emerging LA singer/songwriter Layne announces first US tour to begin in April
- LA songstress Layne offers refuge to her listeners with her new EP 'Warrior'
- LA based pop/rock band Starling Glow release brand new single 'Ignite'
- LA-based pop/rock group Charming Liars share two previously unreleased tracks
- L.A. based indie rockers Kin Cayo announce their first single “Our Ship” from their debut EP
- Joel Plaskett releases 'When I Close My Eyes' video and tour dates with Mo Kenney