The film will make its U.S. debut at the historic Ziegfeld Theater in New York’s theater district on October 9. Prior to the premiere, founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant will be joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a press conference at New York’s Museum of Modern Art.
Celebration Day will then have its U.K. premiere at London’s legendary Hammersmith Apollo on October 12. Jones, Page, and Plant will also be attendance for this special event and a limited number of tickets will be made available to fans for £20. More ticket info can be found at http://bit.ly/UyfMN0
Premieres for the film will follow in Berlin on October 15, where Jones is confirmed to attend, and Tokyo on October 16, which will have Page in attendance.
Led Zeppelin took the stage at London’s O2 Arena on December 10, 2007 to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues-infused rock ’n’ roll that instantly became part of the legend of Led Zeppelin. Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.
The film of Celebration Day will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. Tickets for the public screenings are available now via http://www.ledzeppelin.com/celebrationday/o2_splash.html.
Celebration Day will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Available for pre-order now, the details on all configurations of Celebration Dayare listed below.
· Standard Editions – 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
· Deluxe Editions – 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
· Music Only CD Edition – 2-CD set
· Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition – Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
· Vinyl Edition – 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
· Digital Edition – Audio will be available at all digital retail outlets
A trailer for Celebration Day can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/HRa3ASVxwfA
Led Zeppelin has also been selected as one of the recipients of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors. The band is set to receive the Honors at the annual gala on December 2 in Washington, DC.
1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Ramble On
3. Black Dog
4. In My Time Of Dying
5. For Your Life
6. Trampled Under Foot
7. Nobody’s Fault But Mine
8. No Quarter
9. Since I’ve Been Loving You
10. Dazed And Confused
11. Stairway To Heaven
12. The Song Remains The Same
13. Misty Mountain Hop
15. Whole Lotta Love
16. Rock And Roll