Leeds, UK punk/folk/reggae 4 piece Jake and The Jellyfish have just released a new LP titled ‘Dead Weight.’ You can stream the album here.
‘Dead Weight’ was recorded by Kurt ‘The Hair’ Wood at Jam on Top Studios and produced by Kurt Wood and Jake & The Jellyfish.
Check out their latest music video for the track “23” here.
Armed with foot-stomping folk tunes, “sing your heart out” punk anthems and a hint of ska, Jake and the Jellyfish have toured extensively in a beat up old post office van bringing an energetic atmosphere and drunken sing-a-longs to venues across the UK and Mainland Europe.
Playing festivals like Rebellion, Kendal Calling and Beat-herder and sharing stages with bands such as The Skints, Random Hand and Beans on Toast they’ve definitely carved their own foothold in the DIY music scene.
The past four years have brought some exciting things for the Jellyfish and 2015 is no different. This fall, the band will travel to the U.S. for their first appearance at Florida’s biggest punk event, The Fest 14.
03 Coffee Tally
04 Dead Weight
05 Tour Talk
06 Don’t Follow The Leader
10 Real Life
May 16- Norwich – Owl Sanctuary w/Jaya The Cat
May 23- Manchester – Strummercamp Festival
May 30- Kidderminster – Boar’s Head
June 06- Keighley- Parkside Social Club
June 12- Cardiff- The Full Moon
July 5- France- Tours- Canadian Cafe
July 7- Germany- Aachen- AZ
July 9- Austria- Sankt Georgen- Fabio’s Cafe
July 10- Austria- Graz- Sub
July 11- Austria- Wr. Neustadt- Triebwek
July 12- Germany- Freiburg- KTS
July 15- Germany- Zittau- Emil
July 16- Germany- Leipzig- Stoned Bar
July 17- Netherlands- Castricum- De Bakkerij
July 30- Kendal Calling Festival
August 1- Standon Calling Festival
Sep 05- Monmouth, UK- Gearfest 2015
Sep 06- Bristol, UK – The Fleece
Sep 11- Nottingham, UK- The Maze
- The Human Project shares football inspired video and tour dates with Atlas Losing Grip and H20
- Emerging Leeds band Where Fires Are release new video single 'No Rifles'
- The Front Bottoms release 'Rose' EP Jun.17; Festival dates and tour with Say Anything, The So So Glos, You Blew It!
- Allusondrugs announce tour with Marmozets ,Lonely The Brave and Reading & Leeds Festival 2014
- Leeds-based Fizzy Blood announce new single 'I'm No Good' and Sept. headline tour
- Shonen Knife to release 'Overdrive' Apr.15 on Good Charamel Records; US tour dates