Following a successful debut run at last week’s SXSW Festival in Austin, including highly-coveted showcase spots on the Yahoo and Soundcloud bills, Norwegian duo Lemaitre (Ulrik Denizou Lund and Ketil Jansen) release its brand new single “High Tide” this week on Astralwerks and prepares for its debut New York City appearance at Highline Ballroom with Rufus Du Sol next Wednesday March 26th.
The newest addition to the Astralwerks roster, Lemaitre’s unique blend of indie, disco and electro-tinged earcandy has earned praise from media such as Fader (“Guitar-guided disco”), Under The Radar (“Think Justice with a splash of Phoenix”), and many more. A #1 HypeMachine artist on multiple occasions; the band boasts more than 5 million combined YouTube views and more than 1 million Soundcloud followers and it’s single “1:18” is featured in Apple’s “Designed Together” ad for the iPhone 5c. Lemaitre’s self-released 2012 EP “Relativity 2” shot to #1 on the iTunes Electronica charts in the US & Canada and charted in the Top-10 in 12 countries including the UK, Australia and France. The band’s live show is as ambitious as its music; consisting of aself-designed light installation. Check out previously released singles “Continuum“, “Cut to Black“.
Now based in LA, Lemaitre is working on a new EP for release on Astralwerks later this year. “High Tide” is the EP’s first single and gives a taste of what’s in store!
- Lily Allen to perform at New York City's Highline Ballroom May 15
- Lemaitre to release new EP 'Singularity' July 22 on Astralwerks; tour details
- For Today streams full album 'Fight The Silence' on Alt Press
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- We Are The In Crowd release new track 'Manners' from upcoming album 'Weird Kids'
- Guccighost releases stream of 'Guccighost No.1' EP