Photo Credit: Sara Mellencamp
Tucson, AZ’s Lenguas Largas have unleashed a ripper titled “Kawasaki’s Dream”. Wondering Sound is hailing the track as “a weirdo sci-fi pogo a song built from old vacuum tubes salvaged from a 1950s U.F.O. and held together with neon Play-Doh.”. Recess Records is releasing the band’s new album, Come On In on August 19th. Lenguas Largas will be on the road for all of August on the Recess Records Cavalcade of Clowns, a Recess Records showcase on wheels to celebrate their 25th year as a label. All tour dates below!
ABOUT LENGUAS LARGAS:
Lenguas Largas hail from the dusty confines of Tucson, Arizona. Made up of an unholy union of dirty DIY dudes who range from werewolf looking motherfuckers to dudes with cute ass shoes, they aren’t interested in the music scene, but instead, just interested in music and creating it.
Born out of the recuperation of tour sickness and brain baked boredom on New Years Day 2009 they play a graveyard like spooky haze gloom/psych rock with cold, minimal, post-punk stylistic leanings and have the Roky Erickson Weird-O-Meter pegged; as well as carry a mile-long locomotive’s worth of quarry-grade rock, freshly blasted from the earth
One day they hope to create a sound equal to the thundering ghostly stampede in the sky fronted by La Llorona and her plaintive wails. Failing that, they’ll settle for creating a hit song as universally loved as “Hotel California” or “I’m Too Sexy.”
8/8 – San Diego, CA @ Til Two Bar *
8/9 – Santa Monica, CA @ Almost Holden Collective *
8/10 – Oakland, CA @ Eli’s Mile High Club *
8/11 – San Francisco, CA @ The Elbo Room *
8/12 – Portland, OR @ The Know *
8/13 – Longview, WA @ Chinese Garden *
8/14 – Seattle, WA @ Black Lodge *
8/15-16 – Missoula, MT @ Total Fest *
8/17 – Boise, ID @ The Shredder *
8/18 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Shred Shed *
8/19 – Denver, CO @ Rhinoceropolis *
8/20 – Lawrence, KS @ Replay Lounge *
8/21 – Minneapolis, MN @ The Hexagon Bar *
8/22 – Milwaukee, WI @ Quarters *
8/23 – Chicago, IL @ Township *
8/24 – Bloomington, IN @ House Party *
8/25 – Chattanooga, TN @ Sluggo’s *
8/26 – Huntsville, AL @ Lowe Mill *
8/27 – Nashville, TN @ Cafe Coco *
8/28 – New Orleans, LA @ Saturn Bar *
8/29 – Memphis, TN @ Hi-Tone *
8/30 – Austin, TX @ Beerland *
8/31 – El Paso, TX @ The Monarch *
9/1 – Tucson, AZ @ Club Congress *
* = Recess Records Cavalcade of Clowns featuring Underground Railroad To Candyland, Treasure Fleet, White Night, Audacity, The Bananas, Fleshies and more in select cities! More info HERE.
COME ON IN
AUGUST 19, 2014
1. Come On In
2. Blizzards of Snow
4. Little C’s
5. Kawasaki’s Dream
6. Lower Profile
7. Ese Culito
8. LA LA LA LA
9. You Might Fall
10. No Wrong No Right
11. 7 Pacificos
- Treasure Fleet share 'The View From Mt. Olympus' and trailer for 'The Sun Machine'
- Flyleaf release 'Set Me On Fire' video; new album 'Between The Stars' out Sept.16
- Wannabe Jalva announce release of new EP; premieres new single
- Maggie Chapman to release debut album 'Vignette' Sept.16; stream track now
- Sleeperstar to release new single 'Apocalypse' from upcoming album 'Lost Machines'
- The Courtesans release new video for latest single 'Genius'