Legendary A&R, Lenny S sits down with HipHopSince1987.com to breakdown his legacy, advice for artists and more. He talks about going from Bad Boy to Rocafella street team to being the A&R. He talks about being around Jay-Z during the Blueprint and Magna Carta Holy Grail recording process. Lenny S talks about working with Philly’s finest, State Property and what that was like. He talks about being a “Lifestyle A&R” who is not just there when the music is made, but also there for the music videos, the concerts and more. He talks about his current interest in Philly’s own Goldie, and recognizing his talent early in Goldie’s career. He also talks about the power of the internet as it relates to independent artists getting themselves out there. This is only part one of our exclusive interview with Lenny S. This interview was conducted by HHS1987’s EMoney, and shot by Rick Dange in Sigma Sounds studios in Philadelphia, Pa.
Follow us on Instagram
HHS1987 link: http://hhs87.co/18HVTzZ
Follow @HipHopSince1987 on Twitter
Follow @HipHopSince1987 on Instagram
Subscribe to HipHopSince1987 YouTube Channel
Sign Up For The HHS1987 Email Newsletter
- Part 2 of Lenny S interview with HipHopSince1987
- Sevag Area-201 Remix "Holy Grail" by Jay Z ft. Justin Timberlake
- Gary Clark Jr. To Appear In 'Made In America' Documentary
- LIONS LIONS cover Jay Z and Justin Timberlake
- NERD RAGE Teams up with DOCO to shake up JAY-Z's "Tom Ford"
- Duo Krept & Konan announce debut album and 'Certified' single feat. Rick Ross