Since the release of his debut single ‘Protocol’ in January, 24-year-old singer-songwriter Leon Else has won the esteem of the music industry’s key influencers – and the hearts of the fashion world’s most renowned designers. Leon was recently championed as “Next Hype” by Zane Lowe of BBC Radio 1, and was selected to play their stage at this year’s Radio 1 Big Weekend alongside Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams and Sam Smith among others. Hailing from Margate, Leon is managed by Turn First Artists, the musical innovators behind the likes of Rita Ora and Iggy Azalea.
Leon’s music is a stunning blend of soul and contemporary R&B and puts his phenomenal vocals at the forefront. His creativity extends beyond penning lyrics as he draws influence from gothic biographical illustrations that give a subtle nod to Tim Burton’s technique to leading creative & writing his own treatments when shooting his music videos, depicted in the forthcoming video for River Full of Liquor, which echoes the songs lyrically dark undertones.
Leon also made waves earlier this year throughout the fashion industry following men’s fashion week in Paris and Milan. Personally invited to attend by Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy and a number of other designers including Emporio Armani, DSqaured and Moncler, he shot straight to the forefront of fashion and style pages with both UK and US GQ naming him #1 newcomer and most stylish alongside A$AP Rocky, Kanye West and Tinie Tempah.
Pre-order River Full of Liquor EP: HERE
Follow Leon Else:
- Shovels & Rope announce Sophomore album out Aug. 26 on Dine Alone/Dualtone
- Spoon to release new album 'They Want My Soul' Aug.5 on Loma Vista; Watch video
- King The Kid to release 'Breakaway' EP Jun.24
- Tricky returns with a new studio album 'Adrian Thaws' on his False Idols imprint
- UK pop punk band Homebound release new video 'Coming Of Age' from upcoming EP
- HHMtv: Don't Know Dorthy 'Whatever Comes' video