• Punknews.org: Exclusive song stream for “The River”
Networks, the newest full-length from Lipona(Tallahassee, FL) is now available for pre-orderfrom the UK’s Disconnect Disconnect Records (This Is A Standoff, Luther, Jet Market). The band is also hosting its own pre-order for US customers here.
The ten-song album will out on digital and 12″ LP formats in mid-July, with the latter being limited to 250 on white vinyl. Disconnect Disconnect will issue the full-length overseas while Lipona will self-release the album Stateside.
To celebrate today’s announcement, the label and band have teamed up with Punknews.orgfor an exclusive debut of the song “The River.” To stream the track, go here. You can also stream “Breakthrough,” which premiered on Alternative Press last month
Networks is the follow-up to Lipona’s critically acclaimed 2009 EP, Pigeonholed(available for free download), as well as the band’s debut long-player, Atlas(2008). While previous releases have been outward-looking and pseudo-philosophical, Networks finds the four piece treading more personal waters, such as coping with loss and the delicate balance of musical ambition with the transition into adulthood.
Lipona’s sound, however, remains firmly anchored in the technically precise, fiery punk rock that first attracted us to the Florida quartet nearly four years ago. Scorching riffs and a pummeling rhythm section remind the listener that thrash-y, hardcore-inspired skatepunk is alive and well, yet front man Yamil Velez’s vocals soar through shimmering choruses and introspective instrumental passages. Perhaps Lipona’s most noteworthy attribute is its ability to temper the relentless, forward-moving attack with a seemingly unending infusion of melody and atmosphere. Simply put, Networks is the continuing evolution of Lipona’s inspiring, progressive hybrid-punk sound.
– For once I don’t have anything to rant about. Lipona is just too good.– Absolutepunk.net
– Lipona deliver solid melodies, strong lyrics and fairly impressive musicianship. – Scene Point Blank
– Melodic punk rock rooted in post-hardcore with energetic dynamics and catchy melodies. – Rockfreaks.net
– Melodic punk that feels like mid 90’s Fat Wreck Chords meets mid 90’s East coast melodic hardcore – Can You See The Sunset?
– Everything that is to be loved about being young, passionate and ready to take over the world. We need more acts like this. – Dryvetyme Onlyne